Microblading (n) is a form of cosmetic tattooing. Also known by a variety of names such as eyebrow embroidery, microstroking, feather touch and hair like strokes is a form of permanent makeup that provides a means to partially or fully camouflage missing eyebrow hair with the appearance of simulated hair using fine deposits of cosmetic tattoo pigments.
Microblading holds the promise that you can work all day, go to the gym, go out all night, and wake up the next day with eyebrows perfectly in place. Permanent makeup is considered micropigmentation, similar to tattoos. It involves using a needle to place pigmented granules beneath the upper layers of the skin.
Pre-Treatment Advice and Procedures
- Discontinue Botox, Filler, and/or Dysport one month before Microblading appointments.
- It is advised not to make social plans on the same day as your procedure.
- If unwanted hair is normally removed in the procedure area , i.e., tweezing or waxing, hair removal should be done at least 24 hours prior to the procedure or artist can shape them the day of your appointment.
- If eyebrows are normally dyed do not do so within 48 hours prior to this procedure. Wait one month after the eyebrow procedure before dying brows.
- Refrain from consuming aspirin or ibuprofen ‘7’ days prior to your procedure.
- No consumption of alcohol at least 48 hours before your appointment.
- No makeup needed the day of your appointment. If so, the artist will wipe it clean before the procedure begins.